How much do you love your dog/dogs? Can you put that love, or your general feelings about your best canine friend into words? Starting today, and for the next three weeks
The contest will run until Sunday, 16th April, and the winner will be able to choose either a copy of Sasha, or Sheba: From Hell to Happiness, in your choice of paperback or digital editions, generously supplied and delivered by Creativia Publishing. Certificates will go to the first 3 places and those top 3 poems will also be included in my next dog rescue book, Sasha & Sheba's Canine Friends.
OK, here's what we're looking for.
1. Poems can be in rhyming or non-rhyming format up to a maximum of 28 lines.
2. Writers of the winning entries give their permission for their poems to be included in the book, Sasha & Sheba's Canine Friends, and all entrants give their permission for their poems to be reproduced on any of the organiser's websites or Facebook groups.
3. Your poem should express your feelings about your dog, perhaps how you found each other, why your dog's love is important to you, or why you love your dog, why your dogs love each other as well as you, anything at all relating to your own dog or dogs and the love and interaction that exists between you and your best friend.
4. Entries must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday, 16th April. Entries received after that time will sadly not be included in the final judging.
5. The judges decision is final. As a former winner of the Preditors & Editors Poet of the Year Award (as Juan Pablo Jalisco) and the author of two bestselling poetry collections, the sole judge will be Brian L (Harry) Porter.
6. Please indicate at the bottom of your poem which book, and in which format you would like it in the event of your poem being the winner.
7. Poems must be your own, original work and must be previously unpublished either digitally or in print, and should be sent by email to email@example.com with 'POETRY CONTEST' in the subject column.
8. Finally, please include your name, mailing address and email address at the bottom of your poem so we know where to send your prize if your are the winner
Hope you enjoy putting you thinking caps on and penning your own poetic masterpiece in tribute to your dogs. Have fun!
Please share on any groups you belong to. The more the merrier!